Cloud4Wi MyApps is a toolkit that allows you to create personalized and branded access journeys for your customers. Each one of our clients is unique, has different strategies, goals, and tactics, so we build a tool to create easily any type of experience in a short time and make it personal.
With MyApps you can adapt and deploy your existing services and experience (for example a loyalty program onboarding, or a train ticket verification) into the WiFi Access Journey. Or, you can develop new ideas from scratch, designed and optimized for the WiFi digital touchpoint.
When a customer connects to WiFi, at the right time, Cloud4Wi redirects the user to your web application including all the context info that you might need to create a personal experience. The web SDK, also allows you to adapt your application to let the user go online once he has consumed your content.
Using MyApps you can:
- Create content applications that can show custom personalized and localized web content to your guest during the onboarding process to the Guest WiFi (called the Access Journey).
- Link your custom and personalized content from a menu of the Splash Page (for example the menu of a restaurant)
- Create a setting page published in the Cloud4wi Dashboard, that can be used either to configure a content application (for example updating the menu from the example above) or to publish back-end oriented content (for example a custom reporting page).
Here some examples of what our customers have built using MyApps:
- Hyper localized and personalized advertising page
- Promote the subscription to your loyalty program
- Integrate an AdServer
- Show promotions that are different for each location
- Verify user credentials or membership before granting him access
- Create a custom gamified experience to gather customer interests
- Invite the user to chat with your support team on a bot or chat
In order to develop and deploy an App on Cloud4Wi using MyApps, you will need to:
- Get access to MyApps Portal and initialize your App
- Publish the App in your Cloud4Wi Dashboard
- Enable the App in the desired step of the Access Journey
Creating a MyApp Developer Account
To access to MyApps Portal, you need a dedicated DEveloper Account different form your Cloud4wi Dashboard Account. In this way you can invite extenal agencies, devleopers and contributors to develop your app without givign them access to your Cloud4Wi Account.
To create an Account, click on the quick access toolbar on the left Manage → Settings → Dev Portal.
To create a new Developer account, click on the Add button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
Fill the form providing the following information:
- First name
- Last name
Then click on Save.
Username and password will be delivered to the email address provided. You can make further manage your Developers account by clicking on their name in the table. The available actions are:
- Lock / Unlock: you can disable on enable the account
- Edit: you can edit First name, Last name, and Email fields
- Reset password: you can set a new password and send it to the provided email address
Creating an App
Login into the MyApp Portal at myapps.cloud4wi.com
Once logged in, you can create a new application by clicking on CREATE NEW APP.
You will then have to provide information for your app:
- General Information
- App name: The name of the application. This field is what the App will be called in Cloud4Wi.
- Category: The category displayed in the Marketplace of the Cloud4Wi Dashboard. Can be Marketing, Analysis, Guest Wi-Fi, Integrations, or Other. The application will be displayed under the category you choose as well as the Dev Suite category.
- Short description and Full description: These descriptions will be displayed in the Marketplace.
- Icon: The icon displayed in the Marketplace (must be 128x128 px).
- App Management
- App Visibility: the application is shown in the Marketplace only at Organization level (Organization level only), or both at Organization and Location level (Organization and Location levels).
- Enable pre-authentication mode: You can decide to show the app for guests that haven’t performed the authentication on the Splash Page. We suggest to enable this setting for all your apps.
- App Endpoints
- Base URL: the host where all the pages for the app are located (for example https://myapp.mydomain.com/app)
- Access Journey page: the relative URL where the user is redirected during the Access Journey (for example (/index.php)
- Admin Panel settings page: the relative URL to be opened in the Marketplace. From here, the Organization or Location managers are able to configure the application.
- App Bar page: the relative URL where the user is redirected when coming from the App Bar.
Once finished, SAVE your application
Publishing the App
In order to use it, you need to install it on your Cloud4Wi Account. As a first step you need to click the button “Publish” in the app dashboard page.
Every time you make a change to the App settings in the Developer Portal and click “Save”, you need to also click “Publish” to put them into effect, even in applications that have already been published and deployed.
Click on Publish to get your “App Id”. It will be necessary to install the application on your company instance.
Installing the App
Login in your Cloud4Wi Dashboard. In the Marketplce page you can install the application by clicking on the Add button, entering the “App Id” displayed after clicking “Publish” on the MyApps Portal, and then clicking on Import.
After that, your app will be listed in the Marketplace in the Dev Suite tab and in the tab you defined when selecting the category of the application.
Now the application is installed and ready to be used on your Cloud4Wi account. By clicking Open you are able to access and use the Admin Page you linked to as the “Admin Page” during the creation process.
Enable the app in the Access Journey
If you app is designed to be launched during the WiFi onboarding flow, you need to enable it using the Access Journey orchestrator.
Form the left sidebar, go to Guest WiFi > Access Journey.
In the desired step, for example Login Attempt, select the app form the select menu and save.